Join CHOICE as an office manager!
CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE) is a professional youth-led organization that advocates for the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people globally. We firmly believe that young people should be able to make informed and personal decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive health. Moreover, it is our core conviction that young people should participate meaningfully in decisions, policies and programs that affect their lives, in particular related to their SRHR. We strengthen the capacity of young people and youth-led organizations, enabling them to become leaders and change-makers in their communities.
CHOICE promotes and supports young people’s SRHR through our International Advocacy and Youth Leadership Programme. In our International Advocacy Programme we influence policy and decision making at an international level, for example by lobbying at the United Nations in New York and Geneva. CHOICE also develops programmes to connect young people around the world so that they can enter into a dialogue about, among other things, human rights and SRHR. With our Youth Leadership Programme CHOICE promotes and actively supports capacity building of young people and youth-led organizations in (mainly) Africa and Asia on advocacy, SRHR, and organizational development.
As of 13 January, CHOICE is looking for an; Office Manager (32 hours a week)
The office manager is essential to make sure that CHOICE is functioning. As office manager, you are responsible for financial and administrative support and facility management of the organization. You are also in charge of the implementation of our GDPR policy and support staff, board and youth advocates with planning work trips.
The office manager reports directly to the Executive Director and works in close relation with colleagues at the office and with CHOICE youth advocates.
As office manager, you will:
- Manage the financial administration of CHOICE, process incoming invoices and draw up outgoing invoices. You make sure expenses are booked on the right budget line and you support the financial coordinator with the monthly financial reports and bookkeeping. You also support the financial coordinator, CHOICE Executive Director and Treasurer in preparing the yearly audits.
- Manage logistics and administration of work travels for CHOICE staff, board and advocates.
- Manage the supplies and order supplies when needed.
- Be in charge of the facility management of the organization and our SharePoint system.
- Prepare the agenda of our 6-weekly General Meeting with the whole organization.
- Be in charge of the implementation of our General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy.
- A structured and accurate person;
- Able to work independently;
- Able to be flexible and set priorities when needed;
- Able to handle stress;
- A good communicator;
- You have a HBO degree or extensive relevant work experience.
- You have experience with administrative processes and can think out of the box to improve current administrative systems.
- You have extensive experience with MS office and Outlook. Having experience with SharePoint is a plus.
- You have excellent knowledge of both the Dutch and the English language, both written and spoken.
- You are open to occasionally work outside office hours.
- You support the CHOICE values and have an interest in SRHR.
What we offer
We offer an initial 12 month contract with possible extension and a monthly salary between EUR 1898 and EUR 2154 gross on a basis of a 36-hours workweek, depending on the offered relevant (professional) work experience. CHOICE also offers a challenging work environment and the possibility to gain work experience in a dynamic team.
We highly encourage candidates under 27 years old to apply for this position.
Note: Only applicants in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands will be considered. CHOICE cannot assist with any expenses associated with relocation to the Netherlands.
A cover letter with CV and contact details of two references should be send before 2 December 2019 23:59h by email to email@example.com, with Application Office Manager in the subject line. The interviews will be held in December. The preferred starting date would be 13 January 2020. (Travel) expenses made by applicants cannot be reimbursed.
For more information you can visit our website www.choiceforyouth.org or contact Nathalie Metheuver by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 020- 7370179.
All young people worldwide should be able to explore, experience and express their sexualities in healthy, pleasurable and safe ways.