VACANCY PROGRAM OFFICER AT CHOICE FOR YOUTH & SEXUALITY
Would you like to become a development professional? Would you like to contribute to sustainable change? Don’t you mind learning-on-the-job, and having responsibilities? Then you might consider working with CHOICE!
CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE) is a professional youth-led organization that advocates for the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people globally. We firmly believe that young people should be able to make informed and personal decisions regarding their sexuality, love and relationships. Moreover, it is our core conviction that young people should participate meaningfully in decisions, policies and programs that affect their lives, in particular related to their sexuality.
For our team based in Amsterdam, we are looking for a:
Program Officer (28h/w)
As a program officer (PO), you will act as the country lead for two countries. You are responsible for partner coordination and organizational capacity strengthening of our youth-led partners, and you provide technical assistance and capacity strengthening in the areas of meaningful youth participation (MYP) and SRHR. Furthermore, you are responsible for CHOICE’s contribution in strategic alliances, and you represent CHOICE on program specific themes towards alliance partners and stakeholders.
Implementation of the Youth Leadership Program and management of partners
- Maintain contact with (inter)national partner organizations and alliance members;
- Support partners in the drafting and timely submission of narrative and financial annual plans and (bi-)annual reports;
- Providing technical assistance and strategic advice to partners in conducting their planned activities;
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and learning of the Youth leadership Program (including IATI);
- Support youth advocates in preparing, implementing and evaluating trainings;
- Managing the financial administration of the different programs and projects;
- Contribute to reporting of program activities and projects to relevant donors (including IATI).
Participate in relevant internal and external meetings in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Represent CHOICE in different working groups of the strategic alliances;
- Attend, participate in and facilitate trainings and strategic meetings with partner organizations;
- Attend and (co)organize MYP related events and activities.
Fundraising for CHOICE
- Support in drafting program and project proposals to donors.
- Identify fundraising opportunities for MYP and SRHR for CHOICE and partner organizations.
- You finished at least a Bachelor’s degree (applied sciences or university).
- You have experience or interest in meaningful youth participation, SRHR and the development sector.
- You have excellent intercultural communication skills.
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of French or Arabic is considered a pre.
- You have good organizational and time-management skills and extensive knowledge of MS Office.
What do we offer?
- A 9-months contract with possible extension and a monthly gross salary between
- € 2222,- and € 2471,- on a basis of a 36-hours workweek, depending on the offered relevant (professional) work experience.
- Plenty of personal development opportunities!
- A challenging work environment in an inspiring office on the Amsterdam Canals (10 min walking distance CS) and the flexibility to work from home.
- Work laptop.
We consider this position as a junior position. We encourage applicants with a maximum of 2 years professional experience (via work or internships) to apply.
Only applicants in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands will be considered. CHOICE will not assist with any expenses associated with relocation to the Netherlands.
You can send your application + CV by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19th 9:00 a.m. CEST. The first interviews will be held on 26 and 27 November. . The preferred starting date is January 2nd, 2019.
For more information you can visit our website www.choiceforyouth.org or contact Nathalie Metheuver by email email@example.com or by phone: 020- 7370179.