RESOURCE MOBILIZATION COORDINATOR at CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality
CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE) is a professional youth-led organization that advocates for the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people globally. We firmly believe that young people should be able to make informed and personal decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive health. Moreover, it is our core conviction that young people should participate meaningfully in decisions, policies and programs that affect their lives, in particular related to their SRHR. We strengthen the capacity of young people and youth-led organizations, enabling them to become leaders and change-makers in their communities.
CHOICE promotes and supports young people’s SRHR through our International Advocacy and Youth Leadership Programme. In our International Advocacy Programme we influence policy and decision making at an international level, for example by lobbying at the United Nations in New York and Geneva. CHOICE also develops programmes to connect young people around the world so that they can enter into a dialogue about, among other things, human rights and SRHR. With our Youth Leadership Programme CHOICE promotes and actively supports capacity building of young people and youth-led organizations in (mainly) Africa and Asia on advocacy, SRHR, and organizational development.
CHOICE is looking for a Resource Mobilization Coordinator (36 hours a week) to start as soon as possible. In this position you effectively lead, coordinate and monitor resource mobilization activities in the organization in order to enable and ensure smooth functioning and increase funding to be able to pursue CHOICE’s objectives.
As a resource mobilization coordinator you will:
Raise funds to support objectives of CHOICE that reflect our mission and ambitions and are in line with our multi-annual strategy. This includes:
- Coordinate development of fundraising proposals to donors as well as actively contribute to their conceptualization and writing;
- Manage the application process in coordination with the Executive Director and liaise with other focal persons within CHOICE;
- Implement and deepen the fundraising strategy that reflects CHOICE's mission and ambitions;
- Identification of potential funding opportunities through donor scoping and relation building;
- Actively follow developments in the field of (institutional) philanthropy and translate these to opportunities for CHOICE;
- Maintain and build networks with potential and current donor organizations and funds;
- Develop a strategy and work plan with advocacy staff in advocating for more youth-friendly funding;
- Strengthen the capacity of partners and CHOICE staff on fundraising.
You have expertise and knowledge of the practices and techniques of fundraising, including proposal writing, public relations and research, and oral and written communications.
Furthermore, you possess:
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising and proposal development;
- An HBO degree or extensive relevant working experience;
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills;
- Sensitive and responsive to SRHR issues and other core CHOICE values;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Solid process management skills;
- Familiarity with the use and development of a theory of change and the development of budgets;
- Excellent language skills in English and Dutch. Speaking French/Arabic is a plus.
We offer a year contract with possible extension and a monthly salary between € 2289 and € 2611 gross on a basis of a 36-hours workweek, depending on the offered relevant (professional) work experience.
We highly encourage candidates under the age of 30 to apply for this position.
Note: Only applicants in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands will be considered. CHOICE cannot assist with any expenses associated with relocation to the Netherlands.
A written application with CV and contact details of two references can be send, until 15 December 2019 by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org att. Nathalie Metheuver. Preferred starting date would be as soon as possible. Note that (travel)expenses made by applicants cannot be reimbursed.
For more information you can visit our website www.choiceforyouth.org or contact Nathalie Metheuver by email at email@example.com or by phone: 020-7370179.
All young people worldwide should be able to explore, experience and express their sexualities in healthy, pleasurable and safe ways.